Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
As far as the iac goes, I planned on bolting mine right to the tb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I see. I knew that the stock were angled, I couldn't tell that the ones on the top speed piece weren't though.
Top speeds fitment on their turbo mani is sub par too. They either couldn't take the time or didn't have enough pride to make sure everything lined up before they welded it. It's a shame when they were asking damn near $1k and that's what you get

·
Registered
177 Posts
Top speeds fitment on their turbo mani is sub par too. They either couldn't take the time or didn't have enough pride to make sure everything lined up before they welded it. It's a shame when they were asking damn near $1k and that's what you get

Sent from my SM-G900V using FF Mobile
All I hear about them is how they are 'mediocre' at best. If they charged mediocre prices I imagine they would have a better reputation...at least then you could say you get what you pay for. Makes me nervous about the battery box/catch can I bought from them now. I haven't tried fitting it yet....yay.
It'll probably be in the for sale section soon...[slap]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Machined this pos intake to fix the crooked ass hole that top speed machined into it and made an adapter to fit my 75mm tb. And test fit it. Fits pretty good but I'll still be making a one piece.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Looking good [thumb] Are you deleting the A/C?
Unfortunately, I tried to keep it. I .ade a pipe that would have worked but I forgot about a water line. And I said if I had to redo it i was getting rid of it to make it easier.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I understand about that. The water lines make it even more difficult. I ended up shaving aluminum on the A/C to clear my downpipe. The more I take things apart on mine, I am always looking for a better way to make things fit.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I understand about that. The water lines make it even more difficult. I ended up shaving aluminum on the A/C to clear my downpipe. The more I take things apart on mine, I am always looking for a better way to make things fit.
A lot of people swear I can make it fit and I should have just bought mandrel bends. Well I had stainless sitting there for free so I used what I had. And they don't realize that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. That's only my 2nd ever attempt at pie cuts.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good job man, someone else made mine.
I just wrapped it and had a custom flex pipe made.
Damn, I didn't realize how much lower that top speed mani hangs. I want to wrap mine but I'm kinda nervous. It leaks oil from the oil pan and I had a set wrapped on a dirt track car that got oil on em. Caught on fire.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts