Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well since all they offer for fuel rails is obx I decided to make my own. Just got this part today. It's a -8 fuel rail.

2jz fuel rail no shit

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Slowly getting somewhere. Waiting to get the tranny flushed so I can put new axle seals in and put the motor in. It will also be using a 75mm throttle body. Gonna break it in n/a until I can afford to finish the turbo setup

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The intake sits like that for right now but the velocity stacks came from Ross machine racing. they claim you only need a 3" holesaw to put them in. I got a little more technical with mine.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I hate the topspeed mani. They butt welded the runners. Not how that's supposed to be done to get a full pen weld. On of the runners isn't even lined up. It's definitely not a $1k manifold. The turbo should get me to my 500whp goal without a sweat. No progress on the custom made parts yet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks. Still gotta run fuel lines and get charge pipes. I've bought a blow off valve. Need a dump tube, and to tune it. Gonna pull the tranny and install the motor and tranny as one. Got to finish the intake as well.

·
FF Affiliate
30,672 Posts
I hate the topspeed mani. They butt welded the runners. Not how that's supposed to be done to get a full pen weld. On of the runners isn't even lined up. It's definitely not a $1k manifold. The turbo should get me to my 500whp goal without a sweat. No progress on the custom made parts yet

Sent from my SM-G900V using FF Mobile
I agree 100% , runners dont line up , not good welds , tb in the wrong position , I have posted about this many times before , glad to see some one else do it to most thought I just didnt like topspeed

Tom

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't care for topspeed at all. Does their stuff work? Yes. Does it look good? Doesn't everything someone advertises. That quickly fades when you have anything of theirs in your hands and you see the lack of pride and knowledge that went into what they made. I have had bad experiences with them and the only reason I got their manifold is because it wasn't ebay and the price vs material and time to make my own influenced me. I definitely wouldn't have paid $1k for this

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sweeeet! Gotta love turbos :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks Tom. I'm excited to stop spending money on it for a while and drive it. It's getting close.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
As much as I hate top speed I ended up with one of their intakes. I'll be making my one pice intake similar to this but with proper spacing on the runners since I have a straight head flange

·
Registered
177 Posts
As much as I hate top speed I ended up with one of their intakes. I'll be making my one pice intake similar to this but with proper spacing on the runners since I have a straight head flange

Sent from my SM-G900V using FF Mobile
It looks nice in the picture, what's so bad about their intakes?

·
FF Affiliate
30,672 Posts
It doesnt fit properly , Runner 1 should be angled and it isnt , the TB isnt at the correct angle and makes the intake in a bad position

The 3 I have installed I had to do machine work on to get the TB to bolt down flush , how they did the IACV is worthless

Just not a good piece and when dynoed it didnt show any gains over the stock intake at the same boost level regardless of there findings

Tom

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
In the first pic you can see the angled runners of the svt lower. Top speed made all their runner straight, which is the reason it won't line up very well. The other two pictures are the start of my one piece intakes i plan on making.

I plan on making an adapter to run my 75mm tb so a little machining won't bother me.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts