Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good beginner camera ? I don't need one with a lot of gadgets and stuff . Just something simple that I would get good pictures with.
I have no clue as to what to look for .[dunno]

[wave]

Thank you all in advance ,
Stevie

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
are you looking for a point and shoot, or a DSLR?

i started with a Canon Rebel XT and it was fairly easy to use, gives me some great results and is pretty fairly priced

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it would be a point and shoot . I don't know anything about photography or camera's . Except to just focus and take the picture .

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
i have a very nice Panasonic Lumix that im takin to Dover today. il post pics monday

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
How much money are you willing to spend? Most of the digital cameras these days in the $100-150 range give good results. They all have a beginner (point and shoot) mode, as well as advanced modes.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 recently.....great camera for $130. You can't go wrong with most Canon models. IMHO....get one that uses AA batteries. You're not stuck buying special batteries that can only be recharged in the camera. In a pinch most work with AA alkaline batteries available everywhere. Also....get one that uses SD cards. That Lumix camera of mine also makes great motion videos with sound.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help , now I need to start saving up some fundage and hopefully have 1 pretty soon . :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts