Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my headunit has the option of multiple video inputs. IE, i can set up a seperate input per audio source.

I have three video inputs on the headunit, and was thinking about maybe using them.

Step 1:

Hook up a reverse cam, standard procedure, nothing special, run cables to headunit.

Step 2:

Hook up a front bumper cam, use as main camera for daily driving, so while im listening to music, my front bumper footage is being streamed on my headunit, like the nightvision in the mercades, but not nightvision.

Step 3: get a rca DVR and hook it up to both video sources. Now i can has invisible track cam, dashcam, and reverse cam. Hook up a microphone somewhere and voila sound!

So far, the only problem im finding is that apparently nobody really makes a 12v rca input dvr, let alone a 12v rca dvr with two sources.

I think this can be done on the cheap, seeing as i can get some fairly high quality cams for about $40 a piece. sure the camera footage wont be HD, but it would be enough to do the job imo.

Thoughts?

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about running a small dc/ac power inverter? then you would have your choice of dvr...
then the concern is finding a dvr that will automatically start recording when powered up, most of those are designed to work off of a battery backup and kept running.

Im still investigating, but im trying to keep costs down on this little project.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
something like that, but the problem with the above is you have to hit record every time you power it up. i want something that is just recording period. I found one that is motion activated, but i just want one that is recording so long as it has power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts