Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the sportline springs today in the mail along with a camber kit. How hard is it to put the camber kit on the car? Does the front strut need to be apart to assemble the camber kit?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Egz said:
Which camber kit?
progress, is the name. I'll attatch the picture. Got it of newedge performance. Seems to be a good quality kit. Just I guess I was expecting a little more instruction in the instructions. lol Man there isn't even and pictures. I some what understand what they are asking me but, I don't want to mess with it unless I'm sure. I know there are people out there that have links to how too stuff I'm hoping some one does for this.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Don't know, I don't have that one. I have a different version from Speciality Products. Call up Tony at New Edge on Monday. He'll gladly help if he's installed it before. He's a very knowledigble guy.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I think I'm going to have fire him an e-mail. And for anyone who is looking for parts Tony is the man. He allready has went way over on the customer service, best customer service I have ever got. He also seems to have the best prices around, at least on the things that I have bought. www.newedgeperformace.com.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The strut doesn't have to be apart (Separate the spring and strut, but heck, you need to do that to install the new springs) but it needs to be removed to install the kit you have shown.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man this sucks! I can't belive that there isn't anyone out there that has this same kit. I did send Tony an e-mail and he hasn't installed this kit before so he couldn't help me out to much. I'll have to scan the instructions and post them. Maybe you guys can help me out. There real short. Maybe I'm the dumb dumb. But that's ok it wouldn't be the first nor the last time. Just want to be able to finish up the car some time soon. Man this is so frustrating. The front kit I think I get but the one for the back I don't have a clue. Here is another rookie question. Once you install the kit and bring the car to get allined is the place I bring it too going to know to adjust the camber angle with the kit, or are they going to be clueless. Not to mention by the way the instructions look I would almost have to set the angle while installing the kit. How the hell am I going to know what to set it at? Man even that I don't know how to do. I need a smoke.. Then I'll be better. It sucks to have a box with my sprins and this kit sitting there as a big paper weight. lol

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I'll do that when I get home. I'm at work right now. No scaner.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have a camber kit and it looks nothing like that, Im not sure what you have to do for that type, mine are bolts that are adjustable that you install, I would just take the whole thing to your local performance shop and have it done correctly

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that would be an option but i don't have a local performance shop. I'm stuck in good old Minot North Dakota. Tires Plus would be the only place around here to aline the car. I wish I could man living here sucks! I think the closest place that would have a shop might be Bismark, but I wouldn't bet on that either. Then I got Minneapolis as the next stop and that's 8 hours away. I guess I'm stuck trying to figure it out. Well at least I got you guys.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can't scan in the file it keeps telling me that it's to large to attach. How do I make a link?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to type it up for you guys. Like I said there isn't any pictures. And I'm a picture person. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts