Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i was planning on dropping my zx3 about 2" all around do you guys think or recommend for me to get a camber kit? What else would I need besides the srpings and drop shocks?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
In all likelyhood you will probably need camber bolts for the rear. Sometimes you can get them in spec with that amount of drop but you will be near maximum spec which will cause abnormal tire wear.

·
Registered
714 Posts
lowering the car that much will require both front and rear camber kits.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Geezer said:
I all likelyhood you will probably need camber bolts for the rear. Sometimes you can get them in spec with that amount of drop but you will be near maximum spec which will cause abnormal tire wear.
That was my experience....after the Sportlines (2" drop) I was in spec but barely. I have a Progress camber kit but haven't installed it yet. I have been rotating the tires every couple of weeks waiting for the weather to warm up to install the camber kit.

Now that it's warm I have a dilemma in that the tires are rubbing more often (16x7's), possibly due to the warmer shocks offering less resistance, possibly due to different roads being driven since I moved. I dont want to put the camber kit on until I decide whether to swap the sportlines for a lesser drop......decisions, decisions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts