Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I lowered for 01 zx3 with the train springs 2in in the front and 2.2in in the rear what do I use to set my camber to factory setting? How much degree do I have and what should I do to set it stock?? HELP pleaseeee! My tired are shot and don't want to get new ones until this camber is fixed

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Camber doesn't eat tires, your toe is probably what is doing that.

I've never heard of train springs, hmmm. Do you mean TEIN?

What size tires are you going to run?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Camber doesn't eat tires, your toe is probably what is doing that.

I've never heard of train springs, hmmm. Do you mean TEIN?

What size tires are you going to run?
With a drop that low, it's most likely a combination of both.

For the rear, you can either get the adjustable control arms or the camber bolts. Front, you need the adjustable plates. Go get your alignment checked out and let us know what the specs are.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I meant tein(auto correct spelling) and honestly I don't have the money to get the car aligned! The drop is the smallest Drop I could go! I'm stuck not knowing what to do, I'm putting 205/50/r16's on andthe inside on my tires are shot and winter is here and need tires asap

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't lower it...add 4 of these....one to each spring. This will put your sagging springs up somewhere near original ride height and they will be stiffer.

You can use a string wrapped around the tires to do your toe....aim for ZERO.

Use search to find out more.

What happens to higher mileage foci is that the springs sag...the car rolls some on the weak springs and combined with the high neg camber...the inside of the tires wear fast? Poor toe settings don't help any.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't want to go back to stock ride height! I like the lowness now. I can afford it I just wasn't planning on having to take it somewhere, all I wanna do is fix the camber and get new tires, and all cars that are lowered get some camber no matter how many miles are on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts