Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

FF Affiliate
I cant say , no one has done a trustworthy dyno of the cams and I wont trust his company to post one after his shenanigans with previous dynos and trying to sell us on the V dyno he posted then said it could be 5-10 HP off what good is that

Tom

Banned
It shocks me no one else has commented about this

Tom
Surprised no one commented to stroke your Ego?

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Banned
I cant say , no one has done a trustworthy dyno of the cams and I wont trust his company to post one after his shenanigans with previous dynos and trying to sell us on the V dyno he posted then said it could be 5-10 HP off what good is that

Tom
Shenanigans with previous Dynos, now that's rich...... Butthurt much?

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Banned
Wow , thats the best you got , ego , butt hurt no not really should I be

Am I missing something ?

Tom
Yea, a clue. Like I said before, you do you and I'll do me, and we'll call it a day. I have cars to build, parts to build and kids to raise. So Peace and Good Luck...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Banned
" you do you and I'll do me " Not sure what that means , is that suppose to be a pass for posting silly stuff and silly statements ???

Tom
What that means for people educated, is you worry about you and FP and I'll worry about me and RDC..... also means Grow the F up... end of line....

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

FF Affiliate
I do worry about me and I am taking care of Focus-Power and I am also watchin for misinformation and BS thats posted that others will be reading and actually think the misinformation is accurate

Tom

Torretto!
Vdyno is very inconsistent and certaintly shouldnt be called close to real dynojet numbers.

While I am still interested in the cams, I mean... 93 octane and all the rest, sounds like the cams are not adding a lot of power for the money, and yes people are starting to get into 190s whp without cams

Torretto!
if i recall the official numbers at the FR dyno day for the car with the cams was 200whp and 158tq. He had one rev bounce which put out a 220whp number but it wasn't consistent with the other pulls they did so it was accurate. Couple other cars that day had the same issue with a inconsistent pull that gave a higher readout than the other pulls
If those numbers were correct, I would be hella dissapointed, im at 183whp and 175ft lbs torque on 91 octane which is equivelent to cheaper gas in states and all the bolts ons and tune..if I use 94 here which is equivelent to 92 in states, numbers would be higher even...without $1000 cams

FF Affiliate
If those numbers were correct, I would be hella dissapointed, im at 183whp and 175ft lbs torque on 91 octane which is equivelent to cheaper gas in states and all the bolts ons and tune..if I use 94 here which is equivelent to 92 in states, numbers would be higher even...without $1000 cams
He posted a virtual dyno ??? Come on it could only be off by 5 to 10 HP like most dyno`s LOL

Tom

Registered
We have Sam going on a dyno on the 19th on 93. Then we will start his e85 tune and see what we can get out of that as well!

Stay tuned!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
He has had MANY dyno dates and nothing was posted from any of them , Must not of been very good

Tom
Not the case. For some reason the sensor keeps giving an error. We have replaced the sensor and phasers and everything else and the code keeps coming back. Its either an Esslinger cam issue or something else. We are still doing testing and tuning.

We are currently trying to figure out the issue and working with Esslinger.

FF Affiliate
LOL your tuner should of found it by now , I did months ago , its a SCT software issue , I am having the same issues but found it right away , your going to have to brake the Ford codes like I had to then use the user defined parameters and add more of the cam parameters in live link to properly test/log the Cam settings , then when you see the issues your still stuck because SCT wont fix it , I have been asking sense June to get it fixed like many things in the software , I am now working on being able to add/bypass the user defined parameters so I can add them my self in the Advantage software , All you had to do was ask

Tom

Registered
LOL your tuner should of found it by now , I did months ago , its a SCT software issue , I am having the same issues but found it right away , your going to have to brake the Ford codes like I had to then use the user defined parameters and add more of the cam parameters in live link to properly test/log the Cam settings , then when you see the issues your still stuck because SCT wont fix it , I have been asking sense June to get it fixed like many things in the software , I am now working on being able to add/bypass the user defined parameters so I can add them my self in the Advantage software , All you had to do was ask

Tom
Oh really?! Thanks for the info.

We didn't ask because we didn't know who all has tested them.

So its going to be one of those things where we have keep bugging SCT like when we bugged SCT to get strategy codes and what not for the new Focus? Smh. I hate SCT sometimes... lol

Registered
RDC seems to have a new tuner every year or so. No one that actually specializes in the focus. I sure am glad we have someone like Tom around to tune the cars that have more than bolt-ons.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts