Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cam upgrade. Any thoughts

15K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Just wondering about anyones thought cam upgrade with matching port & polish head.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Dynos were released after Focus Rising. The Cams performed very well.

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#51 ·
This was posted 8 months ago

Dynos were released after Focus Rising. The Cams performed very well.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then this was just posted

Here's why:

The SCT tuning software is old and outdated compared to other softwares like HP tuners. Which, we are making the switch to for Sam's car. Theres not enough tables and adjustability to tune the cams correctly.

Also, talking with Esslinger, these cams are marginal at best, over the stock cams. We have talked to them asking them to change some things with their stage 2 cam to make it more aggressive because we too think that it's not worth the $1k until we can figure out the tuning and get Esslinger to change the specs on the stage 2 cams.
Takes a road map to keep up with these guys
Posting the V-Dyno vs a real dyno ,
If all else fails blame it on the cams and if that doesnt work blame it on the tuners they hired and if that fails blame it on the Tuning Software and if that doesnt work ???????

Tom

#10 ·
if i recall the official numbers at the FR dyno day for the car with the cams was 200whp and 158tq. He had one rev bounce which put out a 220whp number but it wasn't consistent with the other pulls they did so it was accurate. Couple other cars that day had the same issue with a inconsistent pull that gave a higher readout than the other pulls

Reactions: Shade-010
#12 ·
That’s what was put down at FR. idk if he posted another dyno session after the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 · (Edited)
Most recent VDyno of the NA with stage 2 cams. 3rd gear 226whp 186 wtq
Esslinger Stage II Cams
RDC CAI
Header
3" MBRP catback (modified by RDC)
Larger 63mm TB
93 octane
Devil Tuned
Lower temp stat
Underdrive WP pulley
5spd swap
LSD
ST cooling system

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Reactions: element4all
#16 ·
How about you do some research and learn that VDyno results have been pretty close to actual. ..like I said, You do You and I'll do me and we call it a day.....

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#18 · (Edited)
Sell what parts, just putting information out there, and showing results, so NA guys can see there is definitely hope for the platform. And if you doubt my Tuners worth, well sucks to be you. Input information is correct. And results should be within 5-10 hp (which can also be said for an actual Dyno) . As stated we will post more and once dialed in on E85, he will go on an actual dyno. Have a nice day...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#19 · (Edited)
So now you even admit that the virtual dyno is off then why post it , your a real piece of work with your BS and misinformation

I also want to add that the Dynojet isnt off by 5-10 whp and most other name brands are not either , that was an insanely crazy statement and just shows how little you know about your parts and dynoing

Tom

#24 ·
Shenanigans with previous Dynos, now that's rich...... Butthurt much?

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#26 · (Edited)
Yea, a clue. Like I said before, you do you and I'll do me, and we'll call it a day. I have cars to build, parts to build and kids to raise. So Peace and Good Luck...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#28 ·
What that means for people educated, is you worry about you and FP and I'll worry about me and RDC..... also means Grow the F up... end of line....

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

#30 ·
Vdyno is very inconsistent and certaintly shouldnt be called close to real dynojet numbers.

While I am still interested in the cams, I mean... 93 octane and all the rest, sounds like the cams are not adding a lot of power for the money, and yes people are starting to get into 190s whp without cams

#37 ·
Not the case. For some reason the sensor keeps giving an error. We have replaced the sensor and phasers and everything else and the code keeps coming back. Its either an Esslinger cam issue or something else. We are still doing testing and tuning.

We are currently trying to figure out the issue and working with Esslinger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#38 ·
LOL your tuner should of found it by now , I did months ago , its a SCT software issue , I am having the same issues but found it right away , your going to have to brake the Ford codes like I had to then use the user defined parameters and add more of the cam parameters in live link to properly test/log the Cam settings , then when you see the issues your still stuck because SCT wont fix it , I have been asking sense June to get it fixed like many things in the software , I am now working on being able to add/bypass the user defined parameters so I can add them my self in the Advantage software , All you had to do was ask

Tom

#39 ·
Oh really?! Thanks for the info.

We didn't ask because we didn't know who all has tested them.

So its going to be one of those things where we have keep bugging SCT like when we bugged SCT to get strategy codes and what not for the new Focus? Smh. I hate SCT sometimes... lol

#41 ·
Very unfortunate that it's been like that. Our first tuner went MIA on us and the community. Literally stopped answering our calls and emails. Our second tuner did the exact same thing. Went MIA on us and the community. They were both fired.

We have always made solid tunes and have always tried to make our customers satisfied. If there was or is ever a problem, we would or will try anything to get it fixed.

And I know Tom would do the same.

#45 ·
We have hit 200hp. We have taken the car to 3 different dynos to make sure there were no dyno errors.

We can't get over 200hp with the stage 2 cams

Here's why:

The SCT tuning software is old and outdated compared to other softwares like HP tuners. Which, we are making the switch to for Sam's car. Theres not enough tables and adjustability to tune the cams correctly.

We keep getting an CEL that has to do with the cams and keeps limiting the cams potential that we can't change within SCT software so we are making the switch to HP Tuners

Also, talking with Esslinger, these cams are marginal at best, over the stock cams. We have talked to them asking them to change some things with their stage 2 cam to make it more aggressive because we too think that it's not worth the $1k until we can figure out the tuning and get Esslinger to change the specs on the stage 2 cams.

Stage 3, however, is next to be tested to see what can be made naturally aspirated along with getting the stage 2 cams dialled in.

Sorry for the delay. I don't use the forums too much and that's my fault.

I hope everyone is being safe during these times

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.