Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so let me vent first. I have been on a 2 day timing/water pump replacement spree and still haven’t finished. I am now stuck with the cam sprockets. I CAN NOT get the stupid things to break loose. I have striped the star head socket in the processes. Can someone tell me the trick to get them to break loose or point me to a past thread on this topic? I have searched but no luck.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
try using a left handed drill bit setup and a reverse tap. This will allow you to wrench it out. Then get the ARP bolts and you will b set.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
o, if you didn't strip the 12 pt. head, then just get a quality wrench w/ a longer torque arm.

A left handed drill bit is kinda like an oposite threaded screw, instead of righty tighty, lefty loosy, it is visa-versa. If you get a left handed drill bit and put ur drill into reverse, it will actually drill in in reverse and pull out in forward. so after you get the drill bit in, you put the tap in and lock it into place. then you take a wrench and attach it to the tap then wrench it out. since the threads are revesed, you can get enough torque on them to get the head out. I'll try to find a link explaining it better w/ pics, but for ur problem, just sounds like you need a quality wrench w/ a torque arm and you should be good!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts