Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult would it be for a do-it-your-self in the drive way? To install some shafts. Should a pro do it for me? I've done all the rest of my mods my self. Just wanting to know is it worth spending the extra cash to have it installed and loose the head ache.

·
Registered
103 Posts
very easy, make sure you have a torx bit (i believe t55) and a cam alignment tool. and dont forget to check the lash! it took me about a half hour.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if you are not mechanical oriented..
let someone do it for you...
avoid all the headaches !

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So no hidden surprises then, like fluids I need to worry about replacing, pulling the engine out or crazy sh!t like that???

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it looks like they'll be the next big mod I do. after replacing my motor and tranny mounts. God these stock ones suck.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
good luck...
might be harder that it seems !!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup usually is... but thats what makes it fun... some times. I'll see what it costs to have it done first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
there is a break in period where u have to keep it at like 3000 rpms for 15 mins. then after 100 miles of driving you have to change the oil. Very easy job, no headaches at all. as long as u know how to use a ratchet, you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Just make sure you to do everything thats required, don't skip any steps.

Its also better to use the crank pin when installing cams, along with the cam alignment bar.

Do you know how to check for proper lash etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts