Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the duration and lift of cams? I'm looking for crane cams on their website and its giving me 5 results with varying lifts and durations and i have no idea which one to choose! For right now this car is my daily driver, any help is appreciated

-Drew

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Duration is how long the valve opens, lift is how far.

Email the guys at Crane with your goals and requirements and they should be able to advise you in selecting the correct one.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Have you checked out Crower Cam's? Alot of choice's for Dura-tech's

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ thanks, crowers site is alot more informative and helpful. Im not installing these myself so any idea on how long they take for a professional mechanic to install these? Just wondering because of course they charge by the hour haha

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I would be careful as you have a '09 and I do believe we have different cam sensors that are not compatible with the -'07 stuff. But if you do find that they will work let us all know so we all can get better performance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now im sad, but thanks for the heads up. And please correct me if im wrong, which i usually am, can you just get a tune to get the CEL to go away? and plus a tune would be needed after installing new cam's anyway right?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I remember that thread, wasn't the resolution a custom grind on a stock set of cams?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
custom grinding would seem like the only option, but if the cams fit and work then cant you just override the CEL with a tune? plus, on the crower website it says their cams will fit an 03-09. If i bought those cams because the website said it would work and they didnt, i would be so pissed!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm sure there is a way to turn off that sensor, but I am not certain that it is a sensor you want turned off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got off he phone with Crower, they assured me that their cams will work of the 08-10 foci and if they dont, they will fully reimburse you for the full amount plus shipping cost both ways. Tom from Crower told me that just to be on the safe side he is going to do some extensive research on the duratec motors from the 08+ foci just to make 100% sure and he is going to call/email me later today. Once i find out for sure ill be sure to let you guys know!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^yup, they were awesome and very friendly, if they come back to me with an all clear, i'm definitely buying from Crower![headbang]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Thanks for the info. From what I have read, the cam sensor pickups are either in a different location or are of a different design (6 pickups vs. 1). But if they are going to put up that kind of guarantee then woohoo for us all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just make sure you get that in writing before you buy something.
Im going to save all the email and related stuff, plus our phone call was "monitored for quality assurance purposes" lol

Thanks for the info. From what I have read, the cam sensor pickups are either in a different location or are of a different design (6 pickups vs. 1). But if they are going to put up that kind of guarantee then woohoo for us all.
and i wouldn't go run off and buy them just yet, im going to atleast wait until tom calls me or emails me back; but like i said, if its a go, then im buying them monday morning

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Stage 1 or 2?

Im going to save all the email and related stuff, plus our phone call was "monitored for quality assurance purposes" lol

and i wouldn't go run off and buy them just yet, im going to atleast wait until tom calls me or emails me back; but like i said, if its a go, then im buying them monday morning
What are you looking at Stage 1 or 2?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts