Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Cam Gears allow you to make more horsepower, but is there a downfall to obtaining the most power via cam gears? What I mean is, do you end up with no bottom end power? Do you end up with a $hit idle? .... is there a sacrifice to using them?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Riden in cars with cam gears that were tuned. No idle problems but the person who had them said with mild tuning it took out the bottom end power problems.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeh from the ppl iv talked to you can tune them the way you want if you know what your doing, IE if you want more Tq you can sacrifice a few potential ponies for it, or you can go all power like alot of ppl do, i myself would like them to be as even as possible

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But, do you always give up low end torque for upper end horsepower?? Or can you effectively add a little bit of both?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you wont be taking anyway, you just wont be adding as much, see the cam gears just make more use of your mods more or less, and by tuning them you can achieve more power and more tourque, but to simplify it think of it as a ratio, you can raise both so much, but if one is raised so much then the other cant be raised as much, it doesnt really work that way but thats the best way i can explain it

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so u left urs at 0,0 ? u still get gains from that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts