Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k guys...it sounds like it is pretty straight forward but i didnt get them on perfectly last time so a step by step would be nice...what happened last time is that I slapped the cam gears on and then when I went to put the belt on it didnt line up exactly so I had to loosen them (w/o the belt on) so it wasnt exactly at zero (drove me up a wall). Anyways...step by step instructions please.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
The way I do it is have every thing on and in place , cam gears , belt , TDC , Plate in cams but cam bolts tight by hand this way the belt is in the grooves etc , then with everything timed and in place get some one to hold the cams wih a big wrench and tighten the cam bolt , I put oil on the cam bolt where it contacts the gears this will help so it doesnt bind and try to turn the gear when tightening the cam bolts

Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having a har dtime with this freaking crank pulley...electric hammer and one set at 140psi and ...nada. wtf should I do before blowing holes in the car?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the mother Fuc$er off! Had to go to lowes and get a bigger compressor that might shortly be returned. got one other question.........
for the cam gears what do you torque them to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts