Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would there be a noticeable difference with these without a tune?

Advertised Duration
256 / 252

Duration @ .050"
226 / 222

Gross Lift
.413 / .393

Lobe center

Requires upgraded valve springs.

Valve Lash
.006" intake / .008" exhaust

Trying to do one thing at a time. Planning the tune right after this or should i wait and do it all at the same time?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Yes you will see gains, and no it's not ideal at all. It may be fine putting around but if you go WOT it could lean out. Also those do require upgraded valve springs to be put in. You should wait and do both or get the tune and later add the cams. Depending on who you go with for the tune would make my decision. The tune was one of the best mods I've done, next to the header and the cam gears (dyno tuned of course).

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
What kind of cams are those? crower II or III's or what? Thats a very aggresive cam, far more airflow than your stock cylinder head can flow. it would be pointless to get those without a ported or FR head, oversized valves, high lift springs, race header, ect.

I am curently running my Comp stage 3's untuned and the power is certainly there. I'd say 8-10 new horses, all at 4k rpm and above. but if I could go back, I would not install them without a tune. Thats not the way the computer is designed to run.

Matt

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
If you get your tuning from me you will get a full custom tune and FREE updates , I dont charge "Custom tuning fees" and I dont charge to look at your logs

Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
^^^X2^^^^Tom is very easy to deal with and walks you through everything... I wouldve been screwed multiple times if it werent for him.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Tom is the focus guru. Go to him!

Tom I'm trying to scrape up some funds, picking up an unlocked xcal tonight, will be contacting you in the next week or so.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Have only really heard good things about Tom. And you can't beat free updates and the help he provides. No one else does what he does. I don't even have a tune yet but know a few who do and will only get mine from him when the time comes.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
those cams will require a valvetrain upgrade. the stock valvesprings can handle a .410" lift w/ proper lashing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts