Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a total n00b question but what does one look like???

I ordered my B.S. delete and it came in and I think thats what most of it was but I got a piece of straw shaped metal about 6" in length and I am wondering if that is what the cam adjustment tool is.

thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
that metal rod is the BS install tool. Used for tapping in the plug.
the Plug is the most important part of the kit.

the cam adjustment tool is something completely different, I am not sure if that's still in production as Walter Marcy has cam gears in stock I believe.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on his website it says they are going to no longer going to offer cam gears because the stock ones are adjustable and they are just going to go strictly to the cam adjustment tool.

I just ordered the adjustment tool in the cam group buy.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
yea then he definately knows what's best for the duratec head, so his inexpensive tool will get the job done. I'd imagine a cam-gear install to be a pain in the ass anyways.

·
Registered
345 Posts
the gear install isn't hard at all but completely un-needed. the adjustment tool is a little basic. basically it's a cresent wrench with a hole drilled in it with a adjustable (two holes one for intake side one for exhaust side) pointer. Also included is a metal braket that bolts onto the numer two position and has degrees marked on it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
what the heck does the cam gear do? does it adjust the degree of the cams....sort of like increasing the timming on a 5.0 liter mustang?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
it attaches to the the camshaft and the timming chain goes around it.

same thing on any motor

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Ripped ST 151 said:
what the heck does the cam gear do? does it adjust the degree of the cams....sort of like increasing the timming on a 5.0 liter mustang?
the gears are the same as the stock ones, except there are timing marking on them. The stock cam's are adjustable as is, so the part is not quite neccesary, as the cam alignment tool is a cheaper, and easier solution.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i think he is still going to sell the gears because there is still some demand, but i opted for the tool when I ordered my cams.

can't wait to get them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts