Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of hood struts from CalPonyCars.com and did a install write up.

Check out the full write up here: DIY | CalPonyCars MK3 Focus Hood Strut Install ?

Here are a few pics from the install. I got black, but they're available with colormatched hardware.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I like that. Nice work

·
Registered
952 Posts
I like this design. It appears to clearly avoid the rubbing issue with the Redline Tuning options by moving the lower ball inboard. Nice.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I may have to pick a set of these up!

·
Registered
2016 Focus S Sedan 5 speed manual
138 Posts
Those look a little nicer than the Redline ones. Are the brackets metal? No trimming of the rubber bumper being needed is nice.
I would like to install one of these kits. I assume they fit any gen 3 model focus?

Is there a preference to one brand or the other?

·
Registered
138 Posts
After reading some it looks like the bottom mount may be moving around. Too much torque on the mount held on with only 1 bolt maybe? Did not see the complaint with the CalPony product though.

Seems like having something else to tie down the bottom mount would make sense. Maybe a few drops of 3M 5200, or 4200 sealer? It would probably pull the paint off if the bracket ever needed to be removed. But it might be worth a shot before getting crazy with a bracket modification.

The conversion kit is set up is just like my old 98 Ford Taurus. I'm used to that set up now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Was kind of revisiting the thought of getting some. The CalPony ones are nice @ $141 + shipping. Makes me want to make my own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts