Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i bought a diablo and ran the stock diablo tune for awhile. I then ordered toms tune and thats where my problems started. I accidentally erased my stock tune off the diablo and now i have no stock tune to load before i can load toms tune. So is there anyone who drives an 03 SVT with traction control that could PLEASE email a copy of there stock tune. From my understanding it must be the Traction control version or it wont work. This would be the best christmas gift of all because my car is driving like crap with the stock diablo tune i have. PM me if you have a stock tune available and i will give you my email. Happy holidays.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Long story short i bought a diablo and ran the stock diablo tune for awhile. I then ordered toms tune and thats where my problems started. I accidentally erased my stock tune off the diablo and now i have no stock tune to load before i can load toms tune. So is there anyone who drives an 03 SVT with traction control that could PLEASE email a copy of there stock tune. From my understanding it must be the Traction control version or it wont work. This would be the best christmas gift of all because my car is driving like crap with the stock diablo tune i have. PM me if you have a stock tune available and i will give you my email. Happy holidays.
Just so everyone knows he didnt have problems with anything that I did or with the tune I sent , he updated to a new CROM file before restoring his origional backup if I remember right

Someone sending you a stock tune wont help your proble

Tom

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
have you called them yet? they may tell you to send them da PCM @ diablosport hq's for a stock reflash. If it was an uploading error or a problem with your software version (they can update it) then you may not have to pay especially if you bought it from them or Tom directly. If not then i guess ur stuck with the stealership reflash which is less than $100 i believe[rant] I can't see how someone on here could send you a compatible tune though...

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
You should never load a new CROM with the SVT.

I am still using the old one

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^Well you can, for instance, if you're switching tunes from a supercharger to a TC setup. For instance, you can't run Tom's tune if your predator has a Vortec CROM file on it. That's the only reason I can see why.

To the OP having someone send you an SVT file isn't going to help at all unless you have a swap going on under the hood that I didn't see.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did the same thing, your gunna have to go to a ford dealership and have them reflash the stock tune back onto your focus, runs about 70 bucks i believe. Sucks being impatient! lol I know what your going through man.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
call diablo. there is a backup on the Predator that diablo put there. they will walk you through "forcing" a backup on your car.

i just updated my crom file to the newest version. works fantastic! much faster! and you dont have to pull fuses[headbang]

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
There is no backup on the Predator when it comes , It gets that from your SVT , thats why you have to restore origional backup when you take the tune out

Tom

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
not too long after i got my predator, i did a firmware revision. my dumbness thought it included a tune. so after i restored my factory tune onto the car, i uploaded what i thought was a tune to the car. i actually uploaded a blank and wiped the ECU. this gave me the dashes on the display and no start.
i called diablosport and a chick walked me through forcing the svt backup back to the car. now, if diablo doesnt have a hidden backup on the predator, how did this manage to work for me?

in summary...
uploaded the original backup to the car. the predator was wiped out and a fresh crom was put in there. then i uploaded a blank tune to the car. this resulted in a blank ecu. i forced a svt backup from the predator to the car. car starts.

so if the predators dont have a hidden backup tune for the car, how was this possible?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
That was about 3 years ago old CROM files had there own origional files YES , anything past a 8r CROM no longer supports sefl origional files , it now has to come from the ECU

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts