Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,hope someone can help me. I changed calipers on my wife's 2004 zts I ordered remanufactured calipers from Amazon I wanted to get Motorcraft but wound up getting Raybestos. When I got them I noticed the dust caps weren't on them but I figured I would reuse the old ones ,but when I went to put the old one back on they were bigger, I guess the boot size is smaller although the caliper bolt length and threads were same size. Would anyone know where I can buy the dust caps for Raybestos calipers (not bleeder valve) not sure what the size is,the inside of old one seems to be about 5/8" . I did contact Amazon and am waiting for them to contact me. Appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Rubbers used on the rebuilt may not include provision for the caps, they aren't "std." for all applications.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I sent an email waiting on a reply,tried measuring inside diameter looks like 3/8" or 10mm also
gonna check out ACE they have those miscellaneous drawers

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
Anybody use hearing protection around you?

The commonly available earplugs would plug those ports.

Be creative, the caliper only needs a plug there of any sort. The exact replacements will be hard to find and when you do severely over-priced.

Heck at 3/8" hole even a plug made of thick grease would last a while. I haven't had plugs in mine for years (Texas) and no issues at all. Not in NY with all the salt on roads to corrode pins either though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts