Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I first got her in August 2012, 2000 LX with the SPI, 120k, pretty great condition (it had been parked for awhile)

almost right away, I started looking at headlights, and then found this Forum and joined. Came up empty on headlights, for now. my first real mod I guess was the lights on the interior, and the blacked out badges on the exterior

throughout the summer and into the beginning of the school year, I added many many more lights to the interior, and exterior, and a new head unit for my ipod, i was dying without music

my first real project then was the foglights. the wheels got plastidip somewhere in there too, but i don't exactly remember when. oh, and the eyelids.

after that If I remember right, I did my gauges red, and odoemeter to match, but y'all know what that looks like

snow started to fall, and having no garage, I really was at a time where I could only stock pile parts.

On ebay I found a kid selling an svt grille for 15 bucks shipped, so I jumped on it. not perfect condition by any means, but hey, it mounts.

I picked up a Focus Sport stress bar (front), some black side markers, blue lug nuts, new wheels (factory 16 inch zx3, actually) and painted em black.

in the mean time, here's me literally 30 minutes after waking up from my wisdom teeth

I then went on a short spending spree, on parts I had been dying for for a long time. I found a local old guy with a set of machs, that werent working, for 50 bucks, and picked em up. turned out to be a 35 dollar ballast that is on it's way, will be in ASAP
when I picked em up

after a really good polishing and wetsanding, got em crystal clear

I also in that time, found a Volant intake with a ram air scoop on ebay, and won with a bid of 110, plus 15 shipping, so not bad!

Then, the next day the Volant went in with help from Riley (FocusZTSRS)
only took 3 hours, 2 snack breaks, and a trip to Oreilleys for a damn coupler.

the black side markers also went on (i did a crap tint job, but hey, who looks at em anyways? they're supposed to be hidden by blackedness)

i'm in a tough place now (not really actually, lol) as i'm not 100% sure that the stress bar will fit. it's still sitting in my room, awaiting paint. and the wheels are in my basement waiting for spring. but since i've been here for 8 months now, and my car has changed plenty, i figured it's time for a build thread.

future plans:
Tint this summer
get le wheels on
stress bar install if it works
machs installed

mud flaps, because rallycar.
lows
sounds
straightpipe/catback
drop proof heads (I do love my spi)
anything else I decide to spend moneys on.. [wiggle]

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
There we go :) perfect!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Subscribed. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nice work. Glad to see more people putting this kinda content up. I was starting to feel lonely...

·
Registered
486 Posts
See id post a build thread but i already have in the showroom... i could post everything in here but yea... too repetitive.

·
Registered
291 Posts
needs moar low. otherwise looks good. I like the choice of mods.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice work. Glad to see more people putting this kinda content up. I was starting to feel lonely...
Hey! I'm savin as quick as I can! [hihi]

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree on the lows, that is my next major upgrade I think. aside from putting in everything I already have lol

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Just don't go stupid low. I am really getting tired of the juvenile "if low is good, lower is better" stance fad. My car needs to be raised up right now but I am out of adjuster.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Plus you cant rally when your scared of hitting pebbles.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh trust me I aint going way low. i'm looking at 1.5 inches give or take half an inch. i still want wheel gap.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea 1.5 is a nice drop on foci

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's just enough to kill my wheel gap. with my 14's right now, i have 4 inches of wheel gap up front. slightly less in the back. with the 16's it'll drop my some, not a ton though, so it needs something.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NEW STUFFS

Machs went in today 3/24/13. wheels were originally going to, but i think it'll be a tomorrow project. here they are! they need new bulbs, because they aren't the same color. oh well, still only gonna be like $140 into them!

also cut the wires to the red behind the grille. was getting sick of it. and it was constantly in the way.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Very nice. Are the headlights foggy as well or is it just the picture. If they are, it's not that hard t remove it.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
That aren't lol we polished them at my house them Caleb went home and did it again

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sweet. That was an awesome deal on those lights.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heres a pic of the clarity lol. it was just glare cause my flash was on and i was too cold to take another pic

1 - 20 of 27 Posts