Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black on Black. Three pieces, side air bag flap, lots of tension straps to pull them snug against the stock seats. Fitment is great, all but a little extra fabric on the insides opposite of the airbag, but hardly noticable. Overall, i'm very happy.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for ther late reply. I haven't checked underneath yet. They are a pain to take off, as far as i can see there hasn't been an issue with rubbing or transference between materials.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CalTrend NeoSupreme Seat Covers

Based on this thread I purchased these covers and I'm very impressed. They have a solid feel and great fitment. I think the covered seats have a better appearance than the originals. I'm posting a few notes here for anyone looking at these and a few of my installation tips.

I just bought a 2018 focus SE hatchback. I ordered the covers from autoanything.com with a discount they were running. I paid $340 for front and back, solid black. I have the 60/40 rear split bench.

The covers come in the box packaged in plastic. They are a little intimidating as you open and see the spaghetti straps everywhere and the multiple pieces. 13 pieces total and a free dashboard duster thrown in. There are 5 headrest covers, 4 bench and 4 back rest covers.

The covers fit great but you should take your time. Pull them evenly into place a little at a time. Tighten straps equally as you go.

The Fronts:
Remove the headrests. The 2 front headrest covers are different than the 3 rears. Once you find these they go on fairly easily and fasten with velcro.
The next step is the front benches. I found these the most challenging because you must feed the straps between the bench and seat back, then go under the seat from rear to front. They clip underneath then you pull the strap to tighten the cover. Once in place they looked great.
The front seat backs are pulled downward over the seat back. They are very snug and must be evenly tugged down the back. The holes for the headrest are in the right place and tuck neatly around the headrest holes. Now you must feed the cover from front to back through the same gap between the bench and the backrest. There are 3 S-clips that must be pulled tight and clipped up under the seat to the available bars beneath the seat. Lastly, pull the back side of the cover tight and it also has S-clips to fasten under the seats.
This is difficult because you cannot see beneath the seat so you must reach underneath, putting tension in the straps and locate a good spot to clip on.

The Back Seats: Go buy a T-40 Torx bit. Remove the 4 Torx bolts along the rear seat bench. The bench slides up and out. From here everything goes smooth. Lay the seat cushion on the cover. Fasten the 4 straps across the bottom, pulling them equally tight as you pull the edges tight and smooth around the cushion. The fit is perfect. I cut the extra strap length, burned the cut strap ends to prevent fray and tied once for a neat finish.
While the bench was out, I did the seat backs. These are like the front seat backs, except that they fasten beneath the seat back with Velcro. Again the fit was great.
I completed the job with the 3 rear headrest covers and that was it. You cannot tell that there are seat covers in the car unless you know what to look for. The price of $340 was a little steep, but overall I’m very happy with the result and would highly recommend to anyone looking for high quality seat covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts