Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my apologies if this has been touched upon elsewhere. Pretty sure it hasn't been though, as I spent several hours reading through all these posts.

What I'm hoping for here is suggestions for CAI's that will definitely work on my '06 ZX3 w/ the 2.0 Duratec. I've gotten conflicting info on what does and doesn't work seemingly everywhere I turn (just as one example, AuoPartsWarehouse.com lists the AEM 24152B as a CAI that will work for an '06, but AEM denied that when I called them to double check).

So anyway, I'm hoping that people here with '06's that have CAI's on them will be kind enough to post what they have. This is my first time modding a car, and I'm eager to get one to go with the other stuff I'm putting on the car (the H&R Cup Kit is being installed tomorrow and the MagnaFlow exhaust should be here by week's end...[:D]).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
I do believe that all of them will fit that are for 04 and above with the D-Tech motor [thumb]. I havn't heard other wise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... if that's true, maybe I'm just overthinking this.

I see you've got a Marcy Motorsport CAI, how do you like that one? I'm a bit apprehensive of them because I emailed them and left them a voicemail w/ basically the same question and have been waiting over a week for a reply.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Yeah I keep hearing that...lol

I guess I might have caught Walter at the right time cause I ordered it on a Friday, talked with him for a couple of hours (GREAT GUY!!!) and recived it on that following Monday. I swear by it!!! Complete night and day difference and with TB on there makes it all the better IMHO.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is encouraging... I don't mean to slam them either, I have read on here many a time how great a guy Walter is.

Well, I'll definitely consider the Marcy CAI, then. One last question for you, since you do have it- will it accept a bypass valve? I'm really thinking I'm going to want one of those, the hydrolock thing really freaks me out.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
none will accept a bypass.

I've put a solid 30k miles on my Marcy intake

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
You really won't need it anyways cause you have the splash guard, unless you live in a really wet area and you're a ******* that will just drive through the flooded roads instead of finding a different way...lol

(Don't worry I'm not calling you a ******* [;)])

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa, hold up there... you don't know me, I very well may be a *******.

Seriously though, that's good to hear. I wasn't sure what to make of the whole hydrolock thing- wasn't sure if the threat was overhyped or legitimate.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong, I hydrolocked my SPI when I had it. So I'm very careful.

That's all you need to be is careful [:)].

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that settles it. I'm just gonna order the Marcy CAI, and to hell with hydrolock!

Asshead. [:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I'm missing something, but where does K&N figure in here?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just noticed this, too, Trav- how do you like the H&R springs?

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Walter has dyno tested (from what he told me) every filter and has found that you gain 2hp more with a "dirty" K&N filter than with your coventional everyday other filter.

Love the H&Rs. The SVT damper/H&R sports are a nice set up, but eventually I might go with the Koni/H&R Race set up one day when I can afford it.....But that's a different forum [;)].

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to hear praise for the H&R's... my ride should be back to me with H&R springs and dampers tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Just letting you know the cossie CAI will fit I took mine off my 04 2.3 5 speed and put it on my wifes 06 2.0 auto and it fit perfect and sounds good with no codes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts