·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Have one. Worth it for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha mixed thoughts. but i only bring this thought up cause my universal SRI intake i bought a while back from checkers is getting a little beat up. expecially the filter, it has some rips from rubbing. i always wanted to try and convert the SRI to a semi CAI with a air ducting. but when looking on ebay, i can get a full CAI system for 40 bucks, instead of buying another filter and the air duct for a semi CAI. idk any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
My first CAI was a BOMZ racing cai from ebay and it was crap. Cheap parts and thin piping, dented easily. Bushing to mount pipe to engine an frame fell apart as soon as I tried to tighten it....save up and get a better cai. Stay away from ebay.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
i have the BOMZ cai and i've not had any issues whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Save yourself the hassle; and as mentioned before, save up for a better quality intake. Get yourself a Volant or an AEM.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
i guess i'm just extremely lucky with the inexpensive stuff. i just can't understand why you would want to pay 2x or more for something that does the same thing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
there is really no difference between the 40 dollar ebay and $250+ dollar intake.
they are both aluminum pipes with a filter on the end. i would say save ur money i have had absolutly ZERO problems with my ebay intakes ony multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ive had no problems....i went from a aem cai to a ebay cai when my aem cai got jacked and the ebay unit worked the same,same sound and power...mine is 3yrs old and still looken new.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lol........ but why waste the money? might as well just get a universal cone and stick it on the end of the intake lol... I know it's not CAI, but that'd probably work just fine for an SRI and still get whatever it is you wanted, plus it's like what, 20 bucks?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I ran my best time ever with a BOMZ CAI lol I'm not saying that it fit perfect heck I could'nt even bolt it down it was that far off. It did work though. 15.8 w/cai and 15.9 w/ stock tube and cone filter on the end. But the difference between the times was so little you could very easyly account for driver error.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Getting a higher quality intake is good for multiple reasons

1. High quality materials (i.e. fittings and couplers etc. don't break)
2. Higher flowing
3. Overall just better.

I love my volant, and I guarantee it's way better than a $20 from eBay.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
unless you can show me a piece by piece comparison that proves it's not all the same parts that they are charging more for, i will still stick by my BOMZ (ebay) cai.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts