Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is louder the CAI or the short ram intake? and anyone that has a CAI do u suck up a lot of water?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
how do u blow engines from CAIs? sucking in things that aren't supposed to be sucked?

·
Registered
717 Posts
mconant said:
which is louder the CAI or the short ram intake? and anyone that has a CAI do u suck up a lot of water?
Short ram definetely louder. See my post about my new AEM Ram Air Shield kit that is coming out any day now to help protect the AEM CAI from water... [:D]

·
Registered
688 Posts
short rams wont work so good in the cold weather and hot weather..the cai r good if u live in new england or sumtin..problem is they can suck up water.....id go with a cai tho...ice-man or volant..but volant with a ram air

·
Registered
263 Posts
What are the chances that the CAI will suck up water to ur engine?? I live in Sacramento which there is not much of heavy raining,maybe couples of times, but not much. Do you think I am safe for the CAI??

·
Registered
688 Posts
well u could rig up a cai water shield..if u get the aem cai...ray from myfordperformance made one for that one to block water from goin in it........but if ur scared of water and shyt..then get a volant.....but if u get a cai..rig urself a water shield..ask ray how he did his

·
Registered
6 Posts
CAI sucking up water?

I was worried about my CAI sucking up water from reading other people's post, so I asked a friend who races frequently about the problem. He uses K&N filters and said as long as I use a K&N cleaning/oil kit properly and frequently that I shouldn't have a problem. Then he showed me the mud caked filter from his last race. As long as the filer is well oiled, water should not be a problem. At least that's what I'm told.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts