Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Not sure about the fswerks exhaust but the K&N Typhoon intake does not void your warranty. Unless you go to their site and its not listed in the options or tells you not to use it .

I have that Typhoon intake on mine and the MBRP exhaust and the Ford dealership that I use has never had anything to say about it voiding my warranty.

But if you have your doubts , Check out the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
The only way a dealership will not honor a warranty is if they can prove that the part you installed is the direct reason of the warranty claim. for example, if you put an exhaust on your car, and it starts burning oil, they have to prove that the exhaust caused the problem... which of course is not possible.

Matt

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
/\ this

but if you put a CAI and submerge your car under three feet of water and get hydro locked, they will be able to point to the CAI as the culprit.
Like they would honor some warranty after under three feet of water anyway?
Crazy dude....
"You drove your ride into a swimming pool? no problem, all under warranty..." NOT! [angel]

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Wait, driving into a lake isn't covered under my warranty?
Did you drive into the lake already? [read][rofl]

It doesn't affect your warranty unless the intake directly caused the damage to the vehicle so they have to prove that the intake did it.
Though because of the intake some dealers can make it a pain in the ass to try to get warranty work done because you'd be hassled over the intake

·
Registered
582 Posts
if you maf sensor goes out, they could deny the claim.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
if you maf sensor goes out, they could deny the claim.
touche' lol
yeah i messed up and bought the extended warranty but you can see the mods ive done in my sig. they will have to completely be able to show proof that a single part caused the problem or else they are breaking the law(=

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Like they would honor some warranty after under three feet of water anyway?
Crazy dude....
"You drove your ride into a swimming pool? no problem, all under warranty..." NOT! [angel]
I was giving an extreme example of the part being directly related. Obviously you will have worse issues if you are driving into that much water. [;)]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, i talked to the dealer and they said the same so i went ahead and installed the cai from k&n and the fswerks race exhaust and it runs great

·
Registered
431 Posts
It all depends on the dealership and the mechanic. Most I have encountered will throw a fit if the stock airbox is removed. The exhaust as long its from the "factory" cat on back, they are good with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts