Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this mentioned in a completely separate topic, so I thought it warranted a new thread.

After I installed my FS CAI a few months ago, I find that the accelerator "sticks" while the car is warming up.

Specifically, the pedal resists being pressed until it "breaks" and moves forward (usually more than I wanted because of pressing so hard).

It will continue to do this everytime you take your foot the whole way off, but goes away as the car warms up. Once it's been running, you can park it, start it again and it's cool. It's just on cold starts.

I know at least one other person on here has seen this. I can live with it, but if there's a fix I'd be interested. I haven't touched the throttle body in any way other than fastening the CAI.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
yeah! I had the same problem as you man! I have found that mine sometimes does the same thing even after the car is warmed up. I'm not sure what it is from but I have the FS CAI as well on my '04 2.3. Maybe a sweet looking FC throttle body will fix the problem?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
turbovation said:
yeah! I had the same problem as you man! I have found that mine sometimes does the same thing even after the car is warmed up. I'm not sure what it is from but I have the FS CAI as well on my '04 2.3. Maybe a sweet looking FC throttle body will fix the problem?
mine did the same thing with the FC TB. there are fixes for it though, rather simple to. Just do a search cause i know its been covered before and answers are out there. good luck [thumb]

·
Registered
281 Posts
lol well i better not drive my car when its -30 degrees out ill have some real freezing problems. woot go cai

1 - 5 of 5 Posts