Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Eddie here. This is my first post. So today I went and got tubing and a cold air intake from auto zone. Removed my old box and filter. Installed the cai. There isn't anywhere to hook up the (map/maf) whatever one it is. Thus resulting in making my car not drive able because it bogs down. Where can I get just the tubing that has the spot for my sensor(s) so I can reinstall my cai. I had to put it back to stock because I couldn't drive it like it was. I just need the tubing that allows for my sensors to be plugged in.

Thank you guys.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to duratec performance section.

You've got a tube in the car already that's the right size, using that with a filter is the simplest way to get a DYI SRI. With added tubing you could make your own DYI CAI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The map gets inserted into the box. I have to remove the box to put the cai in. So there isn't anywhere to plug in the map.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looks like you found a home made SRI thread & figured it out.

MAF needs to be in a stock size tube, and the stock one is usually used for a home made setup. Doesn't go in a "box", so apparently some confusion existed there.

Most problems come when an intake with a different sized tube for the MAF is used.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I cut the MAF section away from the factory box for my SRI. Dunno if you could do the same and add additional tubing for a CAI or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts