Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And i must say OMG gotta love it....... it sounds nasty as hell! As soon as you start her up you can her it sucking like all hell, and when you get on it she sounds real mean!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yes it is [:D]

glad you like it, some others might tell you differently.
i on the other hand personally love it myself [thumb]

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've had mine for over 2 years...best mod so far.
Wait till winter hits...that cold jersey air will really put a grin on your face

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After thinking about it..... the air filter is pretty open to water getting in, that thing just hangs there by the tire, anyone have any problems?

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Couple options. By an OuterWear prefilter at cfm.com. I disconnected the lower part of my cai were it bolts to the radiator frame and positioned the filter a few inches higher. I used zip ties to hold it up. You can also by a piece of plexi glass and and shape a shield. I did all the above cuz my filter was getting soaked.

I've heard some people using a 90 degree elbow from the old intake assembly to reposition the fliter upwards. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm gonna go with that outerwear prefilter, just looked it up on ebay and can get it for 16 bucks shipped. thanks again

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Took her on the highway today and opened her up, sounds really good but i noticed this whinning sound from the intake, kinda loud too. Anyone notice this with there's? Maybe i have a leak....

Yea so i checked and no air leaks, maybe she's just getting to much air. I think i might try another filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts