Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to install...say...a FS CAI? I would really like to get one, drive carefully in the rain of coarse, but I would probably replace the stock intake in the winter to be safe. So how long would this take to do?

·
2,272 Posts
My first time took about an hour and a half. Once you get it done the first time you could probably get it done in 30 minutes. Expect no more than two hours unless you have never used hand tools and/or you don't know how to read.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yea it didn't take that long. It took me an hour and half and I had to install a TB. Hardest part is taking off the stock intake.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Yeah it takes a while when it is your first time taking the intake off... after that you know where all the bolts are and it becomes easier.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Wherever you are in NY, does it snow a lot? The only time I had a problem with my CAI in winter was when I parked in my gf's driveway, head in, and the snow piled up against the house, came up above my hood.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the "capital region" (Albany area). I just dont know if I would be willing to take a massive chance in the winter. I have an 03 so I'm pretty sure that I have all of the splash sheilds and everything, but It would probably make me nervous.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Took me an hour and a half my first time, while stopping for beer and pictures. Got it down to about 15 minutes for an R&R now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts