Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Im installing a focussport CAI on my 06 D20, and I got so far as pulling out the old setup when I noticed a hose on my car that isnt on the pictures from the CAI kit. Also theres no provisions for it on the new CAI.

Pointed out in that picture. If you look at the pictures on

http://www.focussport.com/coolflo.htm

Its not there [paranoid]

Am I SOL here?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
is that a heater core hose or something to improve fuel economy?
maybe not, but thats my guess...

I have no answer since I can't say whether or not that fitting can be eliminated.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
try to ionstall it and see if it works, or email FS the picture and see what they say. maybe someone else ran into the same problem.

Logan

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Hmm my PZEV had nothing even remotely like that, my accordian tubing just had that little black/green gadget on the other side, whose name always escapes me. Odd though that someone else hasn't encountered this before?

Bump for ya Phil, I'd say if no one here offers an answer, shoot Randy @ FS an email with this pic attached and see if he's heard anything.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Looks like something to introduce heated air into the intake for easier cold starts.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Looks like something more a California emmision car. Hince, he is in Cali. They have different equipment there.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I looked all through my Ford parts computer and cant find one made the way his is made? Curious.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
That's so weird...

Was there an EPA MPG hop from 05-06 or 06-07? Cause if it was 05-06, maybe that thing has something to do with it, then 06 and 07s would both have it? Or maybe just PZEV 06 or 07s?

The drill and grommet idea Seems plausible in theory. Just not sure if it would actually work out in reality. Plus it seems so... permanent. But it could be worth a shot!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
This thing started in '06. My guess it has something PZEV related. I'd like to know more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not on my 06 either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts