Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know you install a CAI (esp. in hot summers) so you can get more cold air into the engine but how about during the cold winter season? Do you leave the CAI in or do u switch it back to stock?

I'm just worried leaving the CAI in during winter makes it harder for the engine to warm up since ur sucking in realllly cold air.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I leave mine on, and i have no problems w/ it whatsoever!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
mine stays in and the colder air makes her go like crazy!!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yes, I agree. I can imagine it is what a 25 shot of nitrous would feel like. Drive around with a CAI in 30 degree or less weather and you will feel a big difference. The true definition of COLD-AIR.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i am also lucky because it takes me 5 seconds to turn mine into a short ram so when it starts raining or slushing.
pluss my filter isnt on the bottom. it is on the top

·
Registered
190 Posts
lolz if u love the cold come to where i live. Been around -40C with the wind for a good 2weeks or so :D.

Leave the CAI on and dont run into snowbanks :p

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I was going to leave mine on but it had other plans and broke off the mount and came off in the road. I had a turn up on the end so it put the filter pretty far up in the bumper away from salt.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
mine is also really high up in the bumper so unlkess my whole fron end is in salt or water i am fine, also it is 6 today and feels like -2 and she zooms

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I just wish the roads weren't slick...if so I would be able to tell if my MM CAI is good or not...lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
getting cold air to the motor is the whole concept behind CAI so leave it on and enjoy it, but if the ground is wet make sure you have a wet/dry flow air filter to stop the water from being sucked in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool good to know thanks. Mine is a volant so no need to worry about sucking up snow or wet puddles in the rain :)

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Oh, well then you've basically got a short ram intake with a box.

Now, just get a scoop over that baby and you'll REALLY suck in the cold air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts