Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: already have an exhaust, the roush exhaust to be exact. gutted the cat as well when the exhaust was installed, so it's definitely got a relatively loud rumble. so header is being installed after the holidays, along with a cai. i'd really prefer not to get much louder, it already gets attention, and i'm guessing that the combo of the header and cai with the exhaust will certainly up the sound noticeably?

so how bout a resonator? honestly, i don't really know what they are, but apparently it'll muffle everything a bit without hurting performance? and how quiet are we talking? i mean, i do like my little rumble [woot]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it'll smooth out your exhaust note, less "trash" per se in it steve-o

its gonna be loud after that header, but you may want to try and live with it first and then see if you like it or not before adding the resonator.

My plans were to add one, but after living with mine, i kinda like it [;)]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gee evan, you and the guys are why i don't seem to post anywhere other than the gump threads anymore! lol, i post here and who replies first? yep yep.

how much do resonators typically sell for? i haven't bothered to look. guess i could. but i imagine i'll want to quiet the whole thing up a bit, i mean i seriously don't know if i'd want it any louder than it already is. i get enough attention as-is.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a 26" resonator installed for $70

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
In my honest opinion I would get a high flow cat from magnaflow in there. I have had both the resonator and now the high flow cat on my Trubendz system. With the resonator it was actually a bit louder than with the high flow cat. In addition the kit with the resonator had a bit of raspiness to it (from the header) in the high RPM. Put the high flow cat pipe in there instead and all the rasp is gone. As well as some of the noise. It sounds incredible now. I would definately recommend the high flow cat instead of a resonator.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
^^ that was phrased like a thesis lol

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
ugh thesis..... After senior year english I never want to hear that word again... lol.

Oh and ROTFL at your "what I drive"!!! lol Miley cyrus. Thats hilarious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts