Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 st im getting the HPS intake soon but after that is the stock exhaust good or should i also upgrade the exhaust other than a header i do plan on that later!..??

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea open the car up and let it breathe. There are a number of exhaust out there. and like he^^^ said, just get on that is 2.5inches. It will really help.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you do plan on a header, then you would want to get a 2.5" exhuast.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
id tell u to go grab a borla, but mike sold out of them, so look at trubendz and mbrp. trubendz will do a lot with magnaflow as well, which is a good name.

yes, do 2.5, and make sure its SS.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
If you do plan on a header, then you would want to get a 2.5" exhuast.
What's wrong w/ 2.25? I got OBX header, and FS (stealth) 2.25 exhaust...sounds great and works fine...what's the extra .25 gonna do for the WHP when you get down to the nitty gritty? I think the only differance is........ the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
930 Posts
When I installed my wifes CAI with her stock Exhaust you can tell theres a bottleneck VS driving my CAr 2.25 Exhaust with CAI

·
1,999 Posts
When I installed my wifes CAI with her stock Exhaust you can tell theres a bottleneck VS driving my CAr 2.25 Exhaust with CAI
Ya, thats fine and dandy but whats the difference between the 2.5 and 2.25...I don't think you would gain any thing noticeable. ya, stock VS 2.25 big diff..but for some one like this young lad and like me need to know besides the price diff whats the gain you get from 2.5 VS 2.25.... Why would some one want to go w/ the 2.5....?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
2.5 is better for flow, especially if you decide to go header, or any other mods. better to have the flexibility. i think randy at focussport said it could be up to 8 more hp doing the 2.5 over the 2.25 as well.

bottom line is that if you want the ability to take on more mods down the road, and take on more power, 2.5 is the wya to go.

additionally, FR made theirs at 2.5, so if they think its best for performance, well then....

·
1,999 Posts
ya may be if you got a but load of money to put into your car, me I just do what I can so 2.25 is great. and 8 hp nah, IDK about that may be through out your modding days w/ your car. ya in like a 5-6 year period...but IDK

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
exactly, tho stock is 1.88.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
inner. its 1 7/8. just over 2 outer.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ive never heard that. trubendz, mike, and randy all referred to the stock exh to me as 1 7/8, based on the inner diameter, saying the pipe would add maybe an 1/8th each side.

ive only ever heard the stock exh as eing measured at 1 7/8

·
1,999 Posts
May be I just feel like less of a man w/ the tinny 2.25 and every other guy out there has the 2.5....lol. but back on the topic of the CAI/Exhaust ? I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the truebenz system and the MBRP both seem to make the customer a happy camper and how much did you get your CAI off e-bay for?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts