Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i have herd from few folks that CAI and intakes in general can shorten the life of your engine as the increase in air flow can also increase dust and dirt and what not into your engine. any thoughts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
if you have a shit e-bay filter. a good intake wouldn't have these issues.

have you seen the crap egr, PCV.. ect put into your intake? pretty nasty oily, sooty mess.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Crankcase and exhaust vapors will not hurt you motor but foreign debris from a junk filter will. A Cai on these motors isn't worth the $ because the oem airbox system isn't restrictive. If you want to pay a few hundred for some intake noise, however a Cai is for you. Usually, people that believe a significant power increase is to be had with a Cai are the same type of people that don't properly maintain air filers..... It's hit or miss though. I've driven cars for a year without any filter and gotten away with it but I've also seen dusted motors in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Preference would be a nice drop in air filter in the stock box... If you want about the same performance but some added "bling", then an aftermarket set-up works :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts