Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 st and am going to put a KandN typhoon should i worry about the winter weather and hydrolocking or should i be fine?

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
If i've that worried get an sri. Or get the bypass from aem. Or justvrun the cai in summer.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You will be fine. I have gone through 5 winters in one of the snowiest areas of southern ontarios snowbelt without a single problem ever. I have an AEM cai and it sits about 4 inchs off of the ground and i have a 2 inch drop. Sometimes i plow through snowbanks so high the snow is up around the bottom of my headlights and no probs. i have no shiled or anything on the cai either.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
You're fine.
I have the FSWerks intake that also sits low (I have a drop) and ran through deep snow winters and never had a scare.

Keep in mind, even if snow where to touch your CAI the water would burn before entering the engine. You have to literally submerge your CAI to get hydrolock.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You could always fab a shield for it, too. Something simple out of sheet metal that would act like a skid plate to push the snow out of the way before it got sucked in.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Enjoy!
Don't forget to unplug the battery for a bit then reconnect and let the car idle for awhile after you finish the install so the computer adjusts itself :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts