Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was driving the other day and stopped at a red light and noticed the most god awful noise coming from under the hood of my car. i got home and popped the hood and it almost sounded like a weird grinding noise but then i noticed a wire directly below the tb that was going in and out. after messing with this i noticed it came unclipped. i have no idea what this is, but if u move the clip the wire came off of it almost sounds like its opening the intake manifold-does anyone know what this is or how the wire goes back on. the car drives fine but sounds like hell. please help im stranded at the moment !!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyone here that can help at all-or anyone they could refer me to that would know-i have to get this wire back on- or does anyone know where i could get a picture as reference-please help this sucks that i cant drive

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help...please

im pretty sure the wire that controls the butterfly valve came loose-my care makes thie weird noise now-so i popped the hood and noticed this wire going in and out so after doing a little investigating i found that it is supposed to go on this little black linkage that when you turn it-it almost sounds like its opening a runner in the intake-please help i have no idea how this wire goes back on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o yeah this is located almost directly under the throttle body i have pics but i dont know how 2 put them on here-i could email them to nayone that would help or could help-this is just the first problem ive had so im freaking out !!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
what you are talking about is the DSI clip. Maybe the wire came loose because the clip is broken. there are quite a few people on here that had that clip break. I am not sure who sells them but i think there like 40.00. Before you buy see if is just the clip that is broken and also try to put the wire back on the clip.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
i dont have a zetec but it looks like it wraps around that black plastic thing and clips in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts