Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, so I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

I'm Kaleb, and I live in/near Warsaw, Indiana. I'm 29, married, one young kid, and sucker for wagons. Especially if they come with a manual transmission.

In case anybody is wondering, yes, I play the hammered and mountain dulcimers. I've used this handle all over teh intarwebs.

I managed to "steal" a manual 2007 ZXW. I only paid $1750 US. It's actually a Canadian car. It has 370,000 kilometers. (About 230,000 miles, for us Yanks.) It appears to be in relatively great shape. It was undercoated, and as a result, there's very little rust on the underside. There's no rust to speak of on the body.

I have a few things to fix on it, but nothing that keeps it from being my DD. I am getting a C1947 code, which is the seat position sensor. Now, I can tell from the upholstery that the driver's seat was replaced (with that many kilomiles, no wonder why). But I'm just wondering where and how I should start troubleshooting this.

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
Are you also getting an airbag light? It could mean that the seat originally had an airbag and the replacement seat doesn't have an airbag in it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm getting an airbag light. How could I tell if the previous seat had an airbag? Would the passenger seat have one?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yes passenger would as well if they were stock to that.

Seat position sensor on my earlier one sits near the left rail underneath & senses when the seat is close to the wheel by it's coming over a flat metal plate as the seat is moved forward. Wiring underneath could easily be damaged both in swapping seats & by shoving things beneath.

I'd start by looking it over to check for damaged wiring, and if the connector to the seat matches the harness connector it should be attached to.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just looked under the seat, and while the connector looks like it is connected, the seat says it was made in 2002. Is there any way I can defeat the system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts