Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used these pullies on my 2009 Focus SES.

Install time: 2-3 Hours (Drinking beers and being jolly)

Performance Increase: 3-5 WHP (guess)

Pros: Faster acceleration, better MPG's

Cons: None

Duties: Replacing the water and crank pulley with lighter pullies. This allows for quicker and easier acceleration. There are no cons to these pulleys, no electrical or water temperature as far as I can tell.

Final thoughts: I would install them before many other bolt on's, would probably invest it as a first mod. There is absolutely none of the headaches that other people have said that follows this mod.

Any questions? Just ask!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I've had my cfm udp's for a few yrs now w/ no side effects. The motor spins up quicker.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What was the measured difference in acceleration before and after? What were your MPGs before? After?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
For me, IDK. W/ the mods I have now, I can get 35mpg on the turnpike.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gas mileage is up about .7 mpg but that may not exactly be accurate. It was an average of three tanks. Also exact hp I'm not sure. Seems to help the car, it really drives smoother and the shifts are smoother (automatic)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any mods I do are a crapshoot for MPG comparison right now because gas stations are switching over to winter blend. Was that the single crank pulley you installed or did it come with new pulleys for the accessories, too?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Any mods I do are a crapshoot for MPG comparison right now because gas stations are switching over to winter blend. Was that the single crank pulley you installed or did it come with new pulleys for the accessories, too?
The cfm one is a crank pulley & bigger w/p pulley using the stock belt. No coolant or voltage issues. The motor response's quicker, frees it up some.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do UDP's require a tune?
Nope. You're not changing anything that would affect timing. Just underdriving some accessories.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Nope. You're not changing anything that would affect timing. Just underdriving some accessories.
This^^^^^^ I've had a mine installed for a few yrs, w/ no issues.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There really pretty good, I don't have lights dimming at idle or any negative effects. Car seems to want to rev easier when going through the gears.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They add performance, more then an intake that you recommend on everyone's car. 5400000 people say don't buy pulleys yet only like 4 people have ever owned them and I know 3 including myself, Felix, Brian and myself and all three of us are highly satisfied.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's my understanding that you are both correct... UDP's/lighter flywheels do nothing for crank HP. They have no interaction with air flow, A/F, compression, or spark/cam timing. But they do increase performance in being a reduction in weight of the rotational mass of the engine, thus increasing engine response. Not a huge plus, but a plus none the less.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
It'd be some what similar to running your motor w/o the belt.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts