Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on the C-F-M 2.5" Flex pipe for SVT.

Wondering if it would be worth it to spend the $159 on it. Building an autocross car that can change anything post-cat, so this is the 1st potentially restrictive element post cat on the way out.

Anyone that has one, please chime in.

Thanks!
D

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm not familiar with the SVT exhaust diameter. Is your exhaust 2.5" from the flex back? If not, you are really just wasting your time and money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with the SVT exhaust diameter. Is your exhaust 2.5" from the flex back? If not, you are really just wasting your time and money.
Yes, going to run the FSWerks Race exhaust 2.5" from Flex Pipe back. Trying to see if it would be worth it to get the CFM 2.5" Flex Pipe. Cat has to be stock so that is already going to be restricted there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The sooner you can bump it up to 2.5" after the header collector/cat the better.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I dont agree , your already 2.25 and the exh your looking at unless changed is 2.5 but shrinks down to 2.25 going onto the muffler , I would check this if it is still that way stay stock
Use the money where it will help more , me I would buy the 3 inch Exh , flex and gut the CAT

Tom

·
Registered
495 Posts
One would only assume that the ID would be the same throughout. Sucks that a company would design and sell something that wasn't 2.5" all the way. Specially if it is advertised as 2.5" cat back!.... You don't think that 3" is overkill for a stock block?

To be honest with you. You might be able to find a local exhaust shop that could piece together a true 2.5" with a flex for less than it would be to buy all the parts online and do it yourself...... Might be worth while to call around and see what you find.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Most all muffler shops have the benders that crush the turns and would still be 2.0-2.25 for flow

He needs a shop that can do 3 inch mandrel , the SVT responds very nicely to 3 inch from header back even stock

Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most all muffler shops have the benders that crush the turns and would still be 2.0-2.25 for flow

He needs a shop that can do 3 inch mandrel , the SVT responds very nicely to 3 inch from header back even stock

Tom
Tom,

Assuming a stock, non-gutted cat was used in working condition, would you recommend a 2.5" back or 3" back system? Would the weight from an aluminum 2.5" compared to 3" be worth the reduced size as compared to the somewhat minimal horsepower gain with the larger 3" pipe and added weight for that system?

This would be for autocross situations btw.

Thanks.
D

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
whats the highest gear you will get into ? Is this parking lot racing ?

The 3 inch from the header back will be a 7-9HP gain well worth the weight

Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the highest gear you will get into ? Is this parking lot racing ?

The 3 inch from the header back will be a 7-9HP gain well worth the weight

Tom
Yes, parking lots mainly. Probably top of 2nd gear. Some courses get into 60-70mph range like the event at Z-Max dragway. Most runs are spend entirely in 2nd gear higher up in the rev range.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes, parking lots mainly. Probably top of 2nd gear. Some courses get into 60-70mph range like the event at Z-Max dragway. Most runs are spend entirely in 2nd gear higher up in the rev range.
FWIW at one time SCCA autocross course setup was suppose to keep cars under the states highway speed limit. We use to have troopers show up all the time with the radar gun and check, usually the first session only. LSD will give you the most gain assuming your class allows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts