Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes the 2012 Focus wins again but C/D didn't like the upper level trims like the SEL & Titanium due to... you guessed it: MFT.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes the 2012 Focus wins again but C/D didn't like the upper level trims like the SEL & Titanium due to... you guessed it: MFT.
Which is understandable... But WE know that an updated version is coming out soon that will fix all the issues. So it's a non-issue for me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Focus is also outselling the Civic and only behind the Cruze.

The Fiesta is the best selling B-Segment car as well

June 2011 Sales

C-segment
Chevrolet Cruze: 24,996
Ford Focus: 21,385
Hyundai Elantra: 19,992
Toyota Corolla: 18,872
Honda Civic: 17,485
VW Jetta: 14,513
Mazda3: 8,612
Kia Forte: 8,191
Nissan Sentra: 8,077
Dodge Caliber: 3,929
Subaru Impreza: 2,762
Scion tC: 2,053
Suzuki SX-4: 1,105
Scion xB: 828
Scion xD: 575

B-Segment
Ford Fiesta: 5,535
Honda Fit: 4,912
Nissa Versa: 4,345
Chevrolet Aveo: 3,859
Hyundai Accent: 3,612
Kia Rio: 1,954
Toyota Yaris: 1,402
Mazda 2: 1,081

·
Registered
968 Posts
It's funny that in the article they mention that you can't get leather seats in an SE.... mine has nice two-tone leather sport seats.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took the Cruze out too. I wanted a stick but it only came in the base and the eco and the dealer didn't have an eco. I liked the exterior of the Cruze too, but overall the Ford offered way more for just a little more money. I guess I'm a Chevy guy turned Ford. I still love my Silverado though.[headbang]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Many people forget that there is something called the break-in period on a car. The dual-clutch automatic CLEARLY smooths out over time when going at parking lot speeds. I am over the 3000 mile mark and can feel it getting better over time.

The SEL may have MyFord Touch available, but it is not required, so there shouldn't be points against the SEL for MFT issues. If they insist on putting every fracking option in a given trim level and then complaining about some of the options, that is THEIR fault.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been a C&D subscriber for many years but I really think the magazine has gone to crap, especially in the last year or so. One case in point being the erroneous facts in this article.

They state the Focus is built at the Wixom, MI assembly plant and go on to make several references to the fact that the Town Car was previously built there.

News flash! That plant shut down in 2007. It is now a renewable energy park. uhh...

The Focus is built in Wayne, MI where they use to build Expedition/Navigator.

I guess both assembly plants are in Metro Detroit cities that start with a W, but unfortunately for C&D, the Focus has NOTHING to do with previous Town Car production. It's embarrassing for a publication that calls Ann Arbor, MI their home (all 3 cities are within a half hour or so from each other). If the author missed it that's somewhat understandable, but how can the editor?

Anyway, enjoyed another positive review as I await mine!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Car and Driver might be based out if Michigan, but if I remember right many if the editors are based out of Newport Beach, California. I visited their editorial offices in high school while I was photo editor of our school newspaper. They shared an office with Road and Track. I'm sure they are more familiar with the surf report than what plant the average Ford is made at.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, the DCT is has definitely smoothed out for me as well, and I'm close to 800 miles. When I took delivery of the car, I was a bit concerned, even though I had read from others that tranny would get better. It's already much better, and takes off from a stop better as well. When I first got the car, unless I literally floored it, the car would take off in 2nd gear, and I'm sorry this car is not capable enough to be taking off in 2nd gear, unless there's no traffic around. Thankfully it's learned, and the 1st to 2nd gear change no longer clunks.

Really the more time I use the MFT w/Nav the more I am impressed. I discover new feature sets every day, and while some are just really neat frilly things, others are pretty useful, like the view button in the nav telling you what's off the next few exits. Today I just told it find the nearest Baskin-Robbins not really expecting it to work, but BAM it told me the nearest (3) in about 5 seconds! I didn't know you say the actual name of the POI you were looking for!

The Civic is just bleh compared to the new Focus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts