Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buzzing sound for about 4 seconds when I go to stop at a redlight or stop sign. It never did this before until I got it tuned. Anyway have this same thing?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
can u explain the buzzing sound a little more, like maybe where do you think its coming from, how long is the sound lasting. i have no clue

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
is it more of a buzzing sound or a rattling sound? mine is usally around 1700 to 2500 rpms and it's from the heatsheild around the cat that rattles like crazy. kinda sounds like a buzz from the light gauge aluminum rattling. but like you said it, you've noticed since you got your tune so it might be something else

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't tell you what side it is comming from. I don't think its the heat sheild on the cat becuase it stops after about 4 seconds. I am thinking about tuning it back to stock and seeing if it makes that noise.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I further investigated and I think it is my cat heat shield right around 2000rpm there is a buzzing underneath my car, then it goes away. I am pretty sure it is the heatsheild.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yeah get someone to get on the gas for you as it sits there and have them hold the rpms where it starts to buzz while you get under your car and hold the shield to see if it stops it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.