Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just coming from trying to identify the source of this noise and after removing the wheels, jacking up the car and having someone changing gears while listening closely under the car I noticed that this buzzing sound starts at 4th gear and gets pronounced at 5th gear. That other person maintained a "virtual speed" of 80 km/h or 50 mph (virtual because the car is on stands) and on 3th gear the noise is not noticeable but when changing to the rest of the upper gears then this sound which very similar to failed wheel bearing appears. I originally thought it was one of the front wheel bearings or CV joints but it appears it does not.

This is weird, I thought it was a wheel bearing or CV joint as when turning left on a freeway/highway ramp/curve at around 80 km/h or 50 mph or more the noise disappears but when going back straight or turning right the noise comes back. This is what I don’t understand, why this buzzing sound disappears when turning left when apparently it is coming from somewhere inside the transmission, I honestly do not see the connection but I'm not an expert on this. If someone has any clues will be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like gear roll, change tranny fluid. This sound is very very common no indications of problems though it's just one of this mtx75 things

1 - 2 of 2 Posts