Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im new to the whole tuning thing so...

if i were to get a used SCT xcal2, what would be necessary to get it to work on my car? the flasher needs to be reset and i need entirely new programs? how do i get the programs? tom, how much do you charge for new programs and how many could i put on it?

basically, even if i didnt ask a question, id like to know all of the steps required from recieving a used xcal2 up to being ready to put it in my car.

i assume i need tunes so Tom, your input would be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I saw your post about the xcal on FJ. I replied to it but I'll tell you here too.

I bought mine used too and had no issues. To get this to work on your car all you do is plug it in! It's that simple.

You just have to make sure it's unlocked. The seller can unlock it himself when he returns his vehicle back to stock using LiveLoad 3 which can be downloaded from SCT site.

The xcal2 can hold up to 3 tune files. You can purchase them from a tuner, like Tom and he will send you them by email. Using the free software downloaded from sctflash.com you transfer the file to your xcal, then load it into your ECU.

It's really easy so don't sweat it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok the only thing that worried me was the sticky in OUR marketplace that said that sct's and diablo's are no longer allowed to be sold because people were selling them locked and unusable, so all i really need to worry about is the seller unlocking it, right?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes. Even if he doesn't unlock it for some reason, as long as he returned his vehicle back to stock with it, even you can unlock it when you get it. Just make sure he returned his car back to stock.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I bought my Xcal II used. It was unlocked and all. I think I paid like $250 or so.

I know using LiveLoad, there is an option to "unlock" a tuner. I'm not sure if you have to hit that after you flash the vehicle back to stock, or if just reflashing to stock will unlock it. But, yes. If you buy used, make sure you know what you are getting.

It's unfortunate that we can't buy/sell flashers on here anymore, but I suppose it's for good reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts