Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought an RS sight unseen & had it shipped? If so, can you share your experience & stress level with doing it? The good & bad?

There are always deals out there Ford Dealerships but often times mileage & distance is the major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w/ my magic bag
A new car shouldn't be a issue & shipping is non issue.

w/ my magic bag
But what if it鈥檚 pre-owned w/ under 5k miles? Would that be an issue? Also, any idea of the cost to ship a car from the east coast to CA.?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
From say NY to Calif, I'd say 700. to 1000. possibly less if not in a hurry as the transport company lines up others going the same way or dropping a vehicle or two off & picking up others up. I wouldn't think 5k would be. It'd still be under warranty as you know. Main thing I'd be concerned about is the h/g.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
From say NY to Calif, I'd say 700. to 1000. possibly less if not in a hurry as the transport company lines up others going the same way or dropping a vehicle or two off & picking up others up. I wouldn't think 5k would be. It'd still be under warranty as you know. Main thing I'd be concerned about is the h/g.

What I鈥檝e noticed on 鈥17 RS prices are this: Generally, once you get outside of California the prices are about 3-4K less, however unless you live in those states, then by the time you add up shipping costs & the headache of having to be available at a specific time & day, to take delivery of the car, it鈥檚 a washout. That 30k becomes almost 40k after shipping, so unfortunately the high prices in California is just supply & demand with the RS. Every 鈥17 RS that pops up for sale in LA is gone within 5 days.

I mean I guess I could just fly to FL & drive one back in sport mode? By the end of that 2,500 drive I鈥檇 need back surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w/ my magic bag
What I鈥檝e noticed on 鈥17 RS prices are this: Generally, once you get outside of California the prices are about 3-4K less, however unless you live in those states, then by the time you add up shipping costs & the headache of having to be available at a specific time & day, to take delivery of the car, it鈥檚 a washout. That 30k becomes almost 40k after shipping, so unfortunately the high prices in California is just supply & demand with the RS. Every 鈥17 RS that pops up for sale in LA is gone within 5 days.

I mean I guess I could just fly to FL & drive one back in sport mode? By the end of that 2,500 drive I鈥檇 need back surgery.

For a street car, I'd except to go on a road trip w/o back issues. Its not like a race car that runs in close proximity of a tool box/cart w/ spares.

w/ my magic bag
Can you fit & drive a RS any distance? Or even a ST3?

w/ my magic bag
If not, I'd pass on one. I looked at a xrs yrs ago & found the steering wheel is to far away & close to the dash at least for me, so I'd didn't go any farther. To me shoes/boots are the same way, If they don't fit or feel good, I'm not buying them. I can fit in a st3, but I wouldn't buy one, same as a Miata or a few other vehicles.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts