Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
I hate dents!
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sweet , so I figure in this situation wiring will be where I get stumped , how much of this if any is plug n play

·
Registered
345 Posts
TRS's wiring harnesses are top notch. There really isn't any cutting and splicing.

Everything is "Plug and Play". You plug the TRS 9007 adapter into your driver side headlight socket and hook up one power, and one ground (power - battery / ground - frame) and all the other plugs go to your new hardware (ballasts / hi beam solenoid)

If anything, the wiring is going to be the easiest part of your retro. The fitting of the projector and getting everything to align properly is going to be the most difficult part of the project.

·
I hate dents!
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
TRS's wiring harnesses are top notch. There really isn't any cutting and splicing.

Everything is "Plug and Play". You plug the TRS 9007 adapter into your driver side headlight socket and hook up one power, and one ground (power - battery / ground - frame) and all the other plugs go to your new hardware (ballasts / hi beam solenoid)

If anything, the wiring is going to be the easiest part of your retro. The fitting of the projector and getting everything to align properly is going to be the most difficult part of the project.
well , is any aiming possible after the actual lens thing is mounted?

·
Registered
345 Posts
well , is any aiming possible after the actual lens thing is mounted?
Yes, you will be able to use the factory adjustments because you will be mounting the projector to your reflector housing in your headlight.

·
Registered
345 Posts

When I say "align", I mean aligning the projector when you mount it so the cut off is perfectly aligned horizontally (Rotation of Projector) in the housing.

Aligning the beam up and down can be done with the factory adjustments once the projector is mounted to the headlight housing.

·
I hate dents!
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When I say "align", I mean aligning the projector when you mount it so the cut off is perfectly aligned horizontally (Rotation of Projector) in the housing.

Aligning the beam up and down can be done with the factory adjustments once the projector is mounted to the headlight housing.
now i understand better

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

21 - 27 of 27 Posts