Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saw a short shifter for less 30 bucks shipped has anyone had any experience buying car parts from them and if so was the parts correct?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Buyer beware for all ebay products, generally if it sounds too good to be true it is.

it would help if we had a number or something...

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Ebay is very good (for some things, alot of things) BUT............

Keep it to 'brand names only' and not knockoffs. The $30 STS you probably seen is some knockoff company and very cheaply made thus DO NOT BUY IT.

A good STS is not that expensive and you won't bust it 2 months into it's use. You can get a Steeda STS for a 2000-mid2002 focus for less then $100 to your door.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yes, only buy name brand stuff, i wouldnt go anywhere near those knock offs nor put them on a car i use to commute with. There are sometimes good deals on brand named parts new and used, so look for those.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yea i seen on here somewhere that someone purchased a short shifter from ebay and like 3 month later the weld snaped . I have bought alot of ebay and my suggestion is unless you absolutly know for sure what it is ur getting, ur most likly gonna get the wrong thing.

So yea like its been said b4 stick to name brands, and also check the sellers feedback

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll agree with what's been posted. Only buy brand name items, buy from sellers with reasonable feedback ratings, and I recommend paying with Paypal (which you pay with a credit card). This will give you the maximum number of options to back you if the deal goes sour and you are stiffed, sent the wrong thing, or you are sent something in a different condition than promised.

There's nothing inherantly wrong with Ebay - but you need to be careful.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I buy from e-bay all the time but make sure you research products as you would in the store

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got my Hella headlight off Ebay and it turned out fine. Like the others are saying, STICK TO BRAND NAME THINGS. Won't regret it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts