Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering putting on a new CAI on my 2002 zx3. What does everything think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...m14QQhashZitem310092706981QQitemZ310092706981

So... basically, will it fit on my car? can I install it myself? should I install it myself? who wants to help me install this cuz I'm a noob and dont know what I'm doing?

I know its not AEM, I'm hoping this will be a quick and cheap upgrade that will help with mpg and other good stuff.

SO!!! WHAT DO WE THINK?!?

Thanks everyone.[wave]

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
My first CAI was a BOMZ CAI off Ebay and I paid $60 and it was one the most poorly made CAI's I have seen. The parts are of low quality.

So the one you're thinking of buying, $35, I would save up to buy a better one. Save yourself the headache and wasted time installing this. Just my $0.02.

You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
And to answer your questions...

No it won't fit your car because the one in the link is for an SVT. Look for one that fits a ZX3. Yes it is easy to install and yes you can install it yourself.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Im on the other end that. I purchsed a cheap cai off of ebay and i had no problems with it whatsoever. The only part of it that I didnt like was the elbow to the tb. Seemed to me that it would actually restrict airflow how it is designed, but you can fix that by buying a different one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... Thanks for the SVT...totally missed that, and will look out next time - another question - What is DOHC. Some parts say will only fit focus DOHC

no clue what it means

1 - 7 of 7 Posts