Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am trying to purchase a used xcal II from a fellow forum member. With the intentions of using that when I go to Tom to get my car tuned. Does the seller have to do anything to the unit before selling/sending it to me to be useable for my engine code and vin number? Thanks for any help. Ken.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
he needs to flash it back or else it wont be able to hold a new tune. then you'll have to pay to send it back to SCT to have it unlocked.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He needs to flash it back to his stock tune? and would he also need to delete the tunes(not that I care) that focus sport has loaded in there? Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
yeah, he needs to flash his car back to stock. I'm not sure if he needs to delte the fs tunes, but i dont think so.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I heard $150 for SCT to reflash it to stock.......MAKE SURE the person flashes it so that their car isn't married to it anymore [thumb]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks a lot for your help guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Poney said:
wut are forums for ? [;)]
Well I think the basis of "forums" are to ask questions, get answers, and generally converse about the topic at hand. I think...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One last thing guys...I went ahead and bought it. Now once I recieve it, before making the trip to Toms sometime in the future and finding out it is locked[?|] .....how can I check myself to make sure it isnt locked as soon as I recieve it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I think it can be unlocked using the SCT software that is used to flash new tune's to the excalII IIRC.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
you WILL know...it will either work, or say something like "unauthorized vehicle", "locked"....it WILL let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts