Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2004 ZX5 hatchback with 100,000miles (160,000km) on the clock. What are some common mechanical issues with these cars that I should be looking out for? Any big maintenance items I may need to do soon if I get it?

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Humm... It really depends on which engine and transmission setup it has.

2.0L SPI
2.0L ZETEC
2.0L SVT
2.0L Duratec
2.3L Duratec
2.3L PZEV

MTX75 5-Speed Transmission
Getrag 6-Speed
Autotragic (matic)

For the most part, by 2004, Ford fixed all the major issues. But let us know what drive train it has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2.0L Zetec engine with the 5sp manual transmission.

It has a "winter deluxe" package, I never heard of it. Heated seats, mirrors, rear defrost, traction control. Also has a sunroof.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My brother and I both have the same car as you, same year, transmission and engine, minus the roof.

We've both had our thermostat, endlinks, coilpack, coilpack pigtail and exhaust go. Make sure all the accessories (AC, power windows, heated seats) work as they should. The traction control in these cars is very good in the snow, I rather like it!

Its a fantastic car thats cheap to maintain and keep going, and a blast to drive as well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Condition & price?

I'm looking at buying a 2004 ZX5 hatchback with 100,000miles (160,000km) on the clock. What are some common mechanical issues with these cars that I should be looking out for? Any big maintenance items I may need to do soon if I get it?
Condition & price. & record's of what was done. Have you looked around at other's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts