Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Keep it like it is!

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a chance to buy a SAP wing within the next two days and I'm wondering if you think I should get it. I'm half and half, I like the SAP 2, but the SAP one may be more ricy (maybe not the best word...maybe just not look that great)...IDK. Here are some picture of my focus right now:

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
plus you'll need all the corresponding parts to make it flow especially with that (Ahem) aggressive hood.

Your car is nice but you are walking a fine line between sweet looking car and rice. With the full SAP kit better wheels, a drop it will be nice but as it stands with the stock suspension wheels, the hood and the ST badge overlay and possibly an SAP wing may push it over the edge.

IMO, its your car though so do whatever you want

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're worried about being ricey?

lol tell that to the "functional" hood vents.
Ricey wasn't the bet word...but for the record the are functional...not sure what you ment by the " "...

A turbo or a ram air is greatly benifited by this hood. Possibly a CAI too, but that's just because it cools the engine as a hole.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plus you'll need all the corresponding parts to make it flow especially with that (Ahem) aggressive hood.

Your car is nice but you are walking a fine line between sweet looking car and rice. With the full SAP kit better wheels, a drop it will be nice but as it stands with the stock suspension wheels, the hood and the ST badge overlay and possibly an SAP wing may push it over the edge.

IMO, its your car though so do whatever you want
I know...I need to work on the front end. I guess I should say the hood was free so I'm working with what I've got for now. I've got SVT spring so that will help a little...very little. I always wait to find the best deals and I'm waiting for a FS front lip special right now. It's freeking $250 for it to be shipped to me...lol

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
No I understand rides go through phases, you have a good start just giving my honest opinion[cheers]

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, it just frustrates me sometimes because I love that I got the hood for free, but it's forcing me to buy stuff faster than I want in order to stop the rice...lol I just got a Marcy Motorsport CAI and from what I've heard that's a great bolt on! I hope it's at my door today.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Is it possible to put your stock hood on temporarily?

And yeah I'm real jealous you ST guys get great gains from boltons lol

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, No. I don't have the stock hood anymore. That was the deal, I send ED my hood and I get a CF hood for free. All I have is my gheto hood left that I used when I waited. I almost bought a SAP focus too...suck.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyway, I think with a FS front lip it will pull it all together, I just don't want to spend $250 on it. My wife might get it for my b-day in June so I guess I'll just wait.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat".

Lip would look good on that front.
As far as the wing, I kind of agree...it might be over the top with that hood.
OTOH, if the hood were to be painted in the body color, or at least paint the sides like your ghetto hood, the wing would be a good compliment. [thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
just do it. its a great price on that wing. (ive been watching, but i dont have the funds) If you dont like it, you bolt on your old one, and make bank on the sap. You know, whatever one you dont like, hood or wing, you can pass it on to me *wink wink*

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moved to "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat".

Lip would look good on that front.
As far as the wing, I kind of agree...it might be over the top with that hood.
OTOH, if the hood were to be painted in the body color, or at least paint the sides like your ghetto hood, the wing would be a good compliment. [thumb]
I was thinking about getting the sides painted, I just didn't know how much that would cost...Anyone know???

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Ricey wasn't the bet word...but for the record the are functional...not sure what you ment by the " "...

A turbo or a ram air is greatly benifited by this hood. Possibly a CAI too, but that's just because it cools the engine as a hole.
They are functional, but with what point? It's still not a turbocharged sports car.

Same thing as putting a wing on a FWD car.. functional yes, but not really.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Anyway, I think with a FS front lip it will pull it all together, I just don't want to spend $250 on it. My wife might get it for my b-day in June so I guess I'll just wait.
i think you need the front lip and some sideskirts and then the wing.

one question though, have you looked at getting an EVO Viii wing? thats what i'll be getting next.. less than $200.

your car is the same as mine, but we just have different hoods, and i gotta say i like yours. and aerodynamically it would work better than mine, and functionally too with the turbo.. lol. i may get that hood and paint the sides like your "ghetto" hood. did you do nightshade on your taillights? or is that a smoke film?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think you need the front lip and some sideskirts and then the wing.

one question though, have you looked at getting an EVO Viii wing? thats what i'll be getting next.. less than $200.

your car is the same as mine, but we just have different hoods, and i gotta say i like yours. and aerodynamically it would work better than mine, and functionally too with the turbo.. lol. i may get that hood and paint the sides like your "ghetto" hood. did you do nightshade on your taillights? or is that a smoke film?
Nite shade. I wish we lived closer together so you could try it out. I'm sure it would cool down your engine for sure! I'm waiting to see if your evo project works out, I think it will...but if it doesn't, well you can tell I don't have the money to waist. lol

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are functional, but with what point? It's still not a turbocharged sports car.

Same thing as putting a wing on a FWD car.. functional yes, but not really.
Wow...why the hostility...

It was a free hood. I'm kind of amazed at how far you are taking this. Some people do care about ascetics as well as future functionality. Do you know that I'm not getting a turbo? Cuz, if you do, tell me the winning lottery number now please.

SOME PEOPLE’S KIDS!

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
PM 02blacksvt, the guy returning his car back to stock, he had vinyls on his hood.

I have no clue where to get them sorry. lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts